The aim of the Level 2 Diploma in Care is to confirm occupational competence for Adult Care Workers or Healthcare Support Workers. This qualification is vocationally based and as such, offers the opportunity for learners to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and practical skills required to be an Adult Care Worker in an adult care setting or a Healthcare Assistant; Support Worker or Personal Assistant in a healthcare support environment.
- The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualifications will be through centre interview and learners must be in a position to demonstrate the requirements of the qualification and have access to required assessment opportunities and relevant resources.
- Centres should undertake initial assessment activities with learners to ensure this is an appropriate qualification and they are capable of achieving the level they will be studying at before enrolling them onto a programme of learning
- Communication in Care Settings
- Duty of Care
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Care Settings
- Handle Information in Care Settings
- Health, Safety and Well-Being in Care Settings
- Implement Person-Centred Approaches
- Personal Development in a Care Setting
- Responsibilities of a Care Worker
- Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings
Gain employment as a Healthcare Assistant/Support Worker or Adult Care Worker/Personal Assistant OR progress onto the Qualifi Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care OR progress onto the Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship.