At LEM we are wholly dedicated to supporting our students with any advice and guidance they may need. LEM has a enthusiastic student support team to help to dealing with any issues during your studies. Our dedicated team can help you in finding accommodation, settling in London, arranging academic support and help you to point you in the right direction.
At LEM, we are focused on creating an environment that focuses on students’ health and wellbeing which includes providing resources that support development and studies of the students and helping them to succeed.
Mental health and wellbeing support
There is always help available for student’s wellbeing throughout their time with us at LEM. Whether through counselling or at a drop-in session or appointment, our professional staff can provide students with advice and support on a wide range of mental health and wellbeing subjects, to help students get the most out of student life. The wellbeing team offers counselling to give students the opportunity to talk in confidence with someone who is impartial and separate from work, social and family life. The team also offers an outstanding range of classes, including mindfulness and many more to develop life skills such as managing stress effectively and becoming more confident.
Adjusting student life at LEM
Starting university is an exhilarating time, with lots of opportunities to take advantage of. Some students can find this overwhelming. The staffs from support team can help students cope better with the challenges of academic study, independent living and thriving in a new surroundings.
Student Advice Centres
Each faculty in LEM has its own Student Advice Centre (SAC) to help, support and advise students with all learning support enquiries. Here is a glimpse of services that SACs provide to the students:
- Developing students’ confidence and networking skills
- Providing a view and insight into various career opportunities
- One-to-one appointments with a member of staff should your problem be of a private or confidential nature
- One-to-one support with CV writing and interview skills
- Providing a stepping stone to becoming a highly employable graduate.
- Supply of forms for change of programme/module changes, change of address etc.
- Locker rental
- Contact details for lecturers
- Coursework hand-in and collection
- Information leaflets on all student services and university regulations and procedures
- General enquiries and signposting to other departments
- Exam and coursework deferral forms and advice
Our library will provide guidance and support with reading lists and relevant sources to support referencing of the assignments.